In the event of an emergency, we want to ensure that our community is prepared as much as possible.
Below find numbers and resources to be familiar with. We have also prepared a pdf for you to download to keep handy on your computer.
INTERNAL WHO DO I CALL?
Aaron Mannella (778) 417-0181
Brittany Cleminson (705) 257-7574
Law Enforcement Officer
Andy Johnson (250) 305-9744
EOC Community Liaison
Lisa Camille (250)296-3507 ext 103
EXTERNAL WHO DO I CALL?
Ambulance / Fire / Police / Search & Rescue
Earthquake / Flooding / Hazardous Spills / Landslides
1 (800) 663-3456
1 (800) 663-5555 / *5555
Poachers and Polluters
1 (877) 952-7277
NEED TO LEAVE HOME?
- Make sure that you have all important papers* and your emergency preparedness kit*.
- If there is no time, evacuate immediately.
- If you have time, you can:
- Temporarily turn off your household utilities.
- Move household chemicals out of harm’s way.
- Store away large items from your yard.
- Make sure all doors and windows are locked.
- Make sure that you have neccesities for your pets (food, leashes, id, vet records)
What can I leave behind?
It is important to remember that there are many items that you do not need during an emergency. These items include:
- Your entire wardrobe
- Expensive electronics (including televisions)
- Cosmetics and other vanity products
EMERGENCY PREPAREDNESS KIT
Every family in the Williams Lake First Nation should prepare an Emergency Preparedness Kit that is kept in an easy to access location within the house. This kit should include:
- First Aid Kit
- Non-perishable food for 3 days
- Flashlight and extra batteries
- Wet wipes and plastic bags
- A face mask
- Three gallons of water per person
- Credit cards / cash
- Hygiene products (toothpaste, mouthwash etc.)
- Sleeping bags and/or blankets
- A change of clothing.
- Keys to your car and home.
An Emergency Preparedness Kit should also include important papers, such as
- Passport and/or driver’s licences
- Health card and medical history including any drug allergies
- Written Summary of Any Medical Conditions and/or Special Needs