In the event of an emergency, we want to ensure that our community is prepared as much as possible.
Below find numbers and resources to be familiar with.
INTERNAL WHO DO I CALL?
Kourtney Cook: 250.267.9013
Emergency Services Coordinator
Quinton Boyce: 250.296.3507 ext.174
Law Enforcement Officer
Andy Johnson & Rylan Kerber: 250.296.3507 ext. 7
EOC Community Liaison
Lisa Camille: 250.296.3507 ext 103
WLFN Social Development Help Line
You can call this number in times of crisis, seven days a week, from 8am-8pm.
EXTERNAL WHO DO I CALL?
Ambulance / Fire / Police / Search & Rescue
Earthquake / Flooding / Hazardous Spills / Landslides
1 (800) 663-3456
1 (800) 663-5555 / *5555
Poachers and Polluters
1 (877) 952-7277
Cariboo Regional District Public Information Line
1 (866) 759-4977
NEED TO LEAVE HOME?
- Make sure that you have all important papers and your emergency preparedness kit (see below).
- If there is no time, evacuate immediately.
- If you have time, you can:
- Temporarily turn off your household utilities.
- Move household chemicals out of harm’s way.
- Store away large items from your yard.
- Make sure all doors and windows are locked.
- Make sure that you have necessities for your pets (food, leashes, id, vet records)
What can I leave behind?
It is important to remember that there are many items that you do not need during an emergency. These items include:
- Your entire wardrobe
- Expensive electronics (including televisions)
- Cosmetics and other vanity products
EMERGENCY PREPAREDNESS KIT
Every family in the Williams Lake First Nation should prepare an Emergency Preparedness Kit that is kept in an easy to access location within the house. This kit should include:
- First Aid Kit
- Non-perishable food for 3 days
- Flashlight and extra batteries
- Wet wipes and plastic bags
- A face mask
- Three gallons of water per person
- Credit cards / cash
- Hygiene products (toothpaste, mouthwash etc.)
- Sleeping bags and/or blankets
- A change of clothing.
- Keys to your car and home.
An Emergency Preparedness Kit should also include important papers, such as
- Passport and/or driver’s license
- Health card and medical history including any drug allergies
- Written Summary of Any Medical Conditions and/or Special Needs