The WLFN Natural Resources department office is located at:
315 Yorston Street, Williams Lake
Phone: (778) 417-0190
The Natural resource department is responsible for reviewing, responding, and managing the resources within the Williams Lake First Nations Stewardship area. This is completed through many avenues such as referrals, participation agreements, protocols, and larger NStQ wide Yecweminul’ecw Agreement.
- Natural Resources typically includes forestry, range, mining, water, wildlife, fisheries, etc.
- Recommends best stewardship practices to Council in regards to Natural Resources
- Building and maintaining T’exelc and NStQ knowledge and capacity
- Works with Industry, Government and Private sector to enhance management of the resources.
- Work with all of the WLFN team and corporations to provide revenue, employment, training and mentorship to our community members.
- Engages with all the NStQ communities for best management of all the NStQ Stewardship area.