Are you thinking of having a backyard burning this spring or fall? Make sure you contact the Lands Office to obtain your burn permit before you do! Click here to download a permit application. A burn permit application must be approved by the WLFN Lands department before you start burning.
Williams Lake First Nation encourages everyone to exercise extreme caution when doing any outside burning in order to prevent wildfires. Make sure you are following all burning regulations and watch for quickly changing weather conditions.
- Ensure resources are on hand to control a fire and prevent it escaping should it begin to get unmanageable.
- Do not burn during windy weather.
- Create a decent sized fire guard around the planned fire site.
- Never leave the fire unattended.
- Make sure the fire is completely extinguished and the ashes are cold before leaving the area.
- Check local venting conditions before lighting any fire. If venting is poor, or it’s windy, do not burn.